Introduction to Food Labelling
Course duration: One day
What will you gain: The course will provide an introduction to the legal requirements for labelling food products in the UK and to the law on compositional standards for food products. You will gain the ability to interpret and apply food labelling legislation to your own commercial context and generate legal labels from recipe information. You will also be able to take account of labelling compositional requirements during the NPD process and complete artwork signoffs.
The course will provide the necessary background for progressing to the Advanced Food Labelling course.
Is it for you?
The course is designed for Technical Managers, Quality Managers, NPD Managers, Label Designers, Marketing Personnel and copywriters. However, if you have a good knowledge of labelling, Eurofins run an Advanced Food Labelling course.
Previous knowledge needed?
No previous knowledge is required.
- Is it legal? Be an Enforcement officer and decide if labels are legal or at risk of trading standards challenges
- The general requirements of the Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU1169/2011
- Nutrition & health claims
- Additional labelling requirements
Included in price:
- Delegate pack
- Certificate of attendance
- Networking opportunities
- Refreshments on arrival and throughout the day
- Lunch (Please advise of any dietary requirements)