Quality Policy Statement
It is the policy of Eurofins Laboratories and Certification Body to achieve and maintain the highest standard of quality in all aspects of its work.
The purpose of the Eurofins quality system is to:
- Ensure the requirements of ISO 17025 and ISO 17065 are met on a daily basis for all testing and certification activities for which UKAS accreditation is held.
- Ensure the needs of clients, the regulatory authorities and any other organisations that provide recognition such as those clients who operate Independent Supplementary laboratory accreditation are fully understood and met (for example, Retailer Supplementary Audit and Animal By-Product Regulations)
- Ensure the test methods selected are up to date and fully validated as fit for purpose to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our test results.
The objectives of the quality system are to:
- Ensure the continued development, implementation and maintenance of the quality system and to continually seek improvements in the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Report results accurately and unambiguously in a timely manner; to seek improvements in the service provided to clients; to continually review the determinations offered to all clients and those on the UKAS scope to continue to meet the needs of the testing and certification industry.
- Meet client requirements in terms of turn-around time, sample collection, reliability of service and reporting.
- Ensure tests are performed by suitably trained and qualified staff, and provide opportunities for staff to extend their knowledge and competency and gain relevant professional qualifications.
- Ensure equipment used is fit for purpose, properly maintained and calibrated and where possible, measurements are traceable to recognised standards.
- To challenge the business to seek improvements in the equipment, its capability and methodology used.
- Ensure full traceability throughout the sample handling process and to ensure sample handling procedures and environmental conditions do not affect the results; to look for improvements in our procedures and facilities to improve organisation and workflow.
- Use internal audits, external proficiency and other checks to ensure the quality system continues to comply with requirements; to ensure problems are investigated promptly, the root cause established and effective action taken to prevent a recurrence.
- Seek to improve communication (internal and with clients) to ensure information is made available as rapidly and as accurately as possible to those who need it, while ensuring confidentiality of the customer is maintained.
- Monitor subcontractors and suppliers to ensure quality standards are maintained in line with Eurofins expectations.
- Ensure laboratory activities are undertaken impartially and risks to impartiality are identified and minimised.
- Continually assess risks and opportunities in relation to laboratory activities in order to give assurance that the management system is achieving its intended results.