From our locations in Acton, Grimsby, Hull and Wolverhampton, Eurofins is one of the leading service providers for microbiological testing in the UK. The microbiological testing portfolio includes pathogens such as Salmonella and Listeria, and organisms that indicate poor hygiene or contamination such as Staphylococcus aureus, or yeasts and moulds. Our aim is to provide reliable, accurate results making foods safer, meeting statutory requirements and protecting the consumer.
Eurofins offers both classical and modern methods (e.g. PCR) for rapid microbiological results. Eurofins can advise you based on the product matrices, which tests/methods can be used reliably.
For full details of our testing download our Microbiology Testing Flyer (PDF 520KB).
For more information about Eurofins services please contact our sales team on 0845 604 6740 or make an enquiry.
Pathogens and Toxins in Food
Our microbiological testing detects and identifies a large number of pathogenic micro-organisms (pathogens) and their toxins, such as:
|Listeria monocytogenes||Clostridium perfringens|
|Salmonella species||Bacillus cereus|
|Escherichia coli O157 (E.coli)||Enterotoxins|
|Vibrio species||Staphylococcus aureus|
|Cronobacter (formerly Enterobacter) sakazakii|
Food Microbiological Support including Shelf-life Studies
Eurofins food laboratories also offer the following related microbiological tests:
- characterisation of micro-organisms (including the identification / characterisation of micro-organism strains)
- food shelf-life studies or shelf life determination
- hygiene parameters.
Comprehensive Micro Analytical Techniques
Eurofins offer its customers:
- a very comprehensive portfolio of microbiological analytical techniques
- high quality and reliable analysis recognised by customers and confirmed by many audits each year
- electronic testing results delivery that allow statistical analyses and trending of the results
- advice from our experts that help our customers to translate results into action
- fast and swift service from our experienced staff.
If you would like to learn more about food microbiology, take a look at our training calendar to find out more about courses held at Eurofins Wolverhampton.