Cosmetics & Personal Care
We can test and evaluate an unparalleled range of cosmetics, toiletries and raw materials for their efficacy, safety and regulatory compliance including those listed below,
• Hair care: shampoos, conditioners and styling products such as serums, creams, gels, mousse and hair spray. Claim substantiations include - curl retention, anti-frizz, volumising, entangling/detangling, anti-greasy roots and anti-dry tips, anti-dandruff and anti-hair loss.
• Skin care: moisturisers, anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing and lifting products. Claim substantiations include - immediate and long lasting moisturising effect, anti-drying effects, exfoliating effects, tightening of pores, lifting effects, reduction of wrinkle depth, length and volume, anti-sebum effect, hypoallergenic.
• Make-up and beauty products: Lipsticks, lipgloss, eye-shadows and blushers, foundations, nail varnish, eye liners and mascara. Claim substantiations include - gloss effect, long lasting effects of a foundation (12 h), long lasting effects of nail varnish (6 days), homogeneity of the skin, increase lash length, volume and curvature.
• Bodycare and oral hygiene products: Shower gels, bubble baths, soaps, scrubs, moisturisers, tanning and slimming products, deodorants and anti-perspirants, toothpaste. Claim substantiations include - immediate and long lasting moisturising effect, anti-drying effects, exfoliating effects, smoothing of orange-peel skin, whitening effect.
Clinical studies may be conducted under medical control (i.e. dermatologist, ophthalmologist, paediatrician, gynaecologist, dentist) or specialists (hairdresser, beautician etc.) and /or incorporate instrumental analysis to suit your specific requirements.
The laboratories with the Eurofins' group have over 40 years' experience in the cosmetic testing field and a selection of the services we offer is as follows;
- In-vitro tests - Cytotoxicity, skin irritation, skin corrosion, eye irritation, skin adsorption
- Safety tests including various Patch tests
- Challenge tests
- Stability and Packaging Compatibility Studies
- Shelf life and PAO studies
- Microbiological evaluation
- Claim support, efficacy & performance testing
- Home User Trials and sensorial studies, assessment of consumer preferences
- Solar protection testing (Sunscreen / SPF products) - in vitro and in vivo methods
- Chemical and physical analysis e.g. heavy metals, formaldehyde, preservatives
- Verification of formulations
- Perfumes and Essential Oils - including allergen analysis
- PIF review and labelling checks
We can also organise for Cosmetic Safety Assessments to be carried out to meet requirements of the European Cosmetic Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009.
Eurofins also have many other capabilities within our portfolio, please contact Samantha Duffy for further details and advice at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 161 868 7600.