Urine Drug Testing
Urine samples are sent to our laboratory where screening and confirmation testing is performed by qualified and experienced laboratory scientists.
Urine testing features
- Fully validated laboratory methods independently accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- EWDT follows European Workplace Drug Testing Society (EWDTS) guidelines
- Expert collection of samples using easy-to-use, robust and confidential chain of custody procedures
- Secure, barcoded kits for sample collection
- Rapid sample screening using the latest and most reliable analytical instruments for all routinely abused drug groups, including alcohol. Results reported the same working day.
- Confirmation by any combination of GC-MS, GC-MSMS, LC-MSMS to provide legally defensible analysis identifying the presence of drugs or their metabolites. Confirmatory results are reported within 5 working days.
- Toxicological assessment to help determine drug origin, this could include cold remedies or prescription drugs
- Medical Review
- Expert testimony for court attendance and tribunals
- ‘B’ sample challenges.
Sample collection kitsOur state-of-the-art urine sample collection kits contain everything you need to collect and transport the sample to the laboratory under chain of custody, including:
- Collection gallipot with temperature strip
- 2 vials to facilitate ‘A’ and ‘B’ sample plus a small aliquot tube for analysis
- Barcode labels and tamper evident seals
- Laboratory test request form
- Tamper evident sample bag
- Postage bag.
EWDTcan determine a wide range of drugs and metabolites. We are committed to investing in the latest instrumentation which ensures we screen for new or emerging drugs of abuse. The most commonly requested drug tests are:
Which drugs can be tested?
- Amphetamines (including ecstasy)
- Over 1200 other tests are available
Urine drug testing has historically been the first choice for workplace testing and is still used by many industries as the ‘tried and tested’ method. The advantages of urine testing include:
Advantages of urine testing
- Industry standard method of testing
- Good scientific support
- Robust and proven procedures
- Internationally available guidelines
- Availability of a split sample for confirmatory analysis
- Sample collected under chain of custody and fully legally defensible
- Ideal for random testing, good for pre-employment testing and suitable in ‘for-cause’ testing.