Oral Fluid Drug Testing
Oral fluid samples are sent to our laboratory where screening and confirmation testing is performed by qualified and experienced laboratory scientists.
Oral fluid drug testing features
- Fully validated laboratory methods independently accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- EWDT follows European Workplace Drug Testing Society (EWDTS) guidelines
- Easy to use sample collection kits that allow for full chain of custody
- Secure, barcoded kits for sample collection
- Rapid sample screening using the latest and most reliable technology for all routinely abused drug groups. Results reported the same working day.
- Confirmation of results by any combination of GC-MS, GC-MS-MS, LC-MS-MS to provide legally defensible analysis identifying the presence of drugs or their metabolites. Confirmatory results are reported within 5 working days.
- Toxicological assessment to help determine where the drug came from: this could include cold remedies or prescription drugs
- Medical review
- Expert testimony for court attendance and tribunals.
Sample collection kits
- EWDT's oral fluid sample collection kits contain everything you need to collect a sample and return it to the laboratory under chain of custody including:
- Collection device
- Barcode labels and tamper evident seals
- Laboratory test request form
- Tamper evident sample bag
- Postage bag.
Which drugs can be tested?
We can detect a wide range of drugs and metabolites and we continue to develop tests for new drugs of abuse. The most commonly requested drug tests are:
- Amphetamines (including ecstasy)
- Over 1200 other tests are available.
Advantages of oral fluid testing
- Simple and less invasive sample collection
- Observed sample collection meaning it is more difficult to cheat
- No requirement for designated facilities during sample collection
- Possible use in random and for cause testing