Basic Food Labelling
Course duration: One day
What will you gain: This one-day course covers nutrition labelling on foods from how the values are determined by analysis to the legal requirements including how accurate the information presented on a label is required to be. It also includes a general overview of the Food Information Regulations.
After this course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of nutrients in food with regards to their chemical composition.
- Understand how we perform nutritional analysis in the laboratory and what those results mean.
- Gain an overview of The Food Information Regulations with a particular focus on nutritional labelling
- Learn about the permitted tolerances that may be applied to nutritional labelling.
Is it for you?
The course is designed for anyone working within the Food Industry who needs to understand the legislation relating to food labelling in particular with regards to nutrition labelling or anyone requiring an understanding behind what the nutrition labelling on food means and how those values are obtained.
Previous knowledge needed?
- Nutrients – what are they?
- Nutritional testing in the laboratory
- The Food Information Regulations
- Nutritional labelling and tolerances
- Q & A session
Included in price:
- Course delivery
- Delegate pack
- Certificate of attendance
- Networking opportunities
- Refreshments on arrival and throughout the day
- Lunch (Please advise of any dietary requirements)