An Introduction to Pesticide Legislation and Residues Analysis
Course duration: One day
The course will provide an understanding of the process for the development of a new pesticide and provide an overview of pesticide legislation. You will receive updates regarding current monitoring programmes for pesticides.
We will give you an awareness of the analytical methods and instrumentation used to test for pesticide residues and let you experience a working residues laboratory with a tour of the laboratory.
Is it for you?
This course is aimed at technical and quality managers in the fresh produce industry.
Previous knowledge needed?
- Pesticide Development Cycle
- Introduction to Pesticide Legislation
- Consumer Risk Assessment
- Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs)
- Surveillance and Monitoring
- National and European Monitoring programmes
- Trends in pesticide residues analysis
- Product Risk Assessment
- Analysis of Pesticide Residues
- Analytical methods and instrumentation
- Laboratory Tour
Included in price:
- Delegate pack
- Certificate of attendance
- Networking opportunities
- Refreshments on arrival and throughout the day
- Lunch (Please advise of any dietary requirements)