Advanced Food Labelling
Course duration: Two days
The course will provide an in depth look at the legal requirements for labelling food products in the UK and to the law on compositional standards for food products. You will gain the ability to interpret and apply food labelling legislation to your own commercial context and generate legal labels from recipe information. You will also be able to take account of labelling compositional requirements during the NPD process and complete artwork signoffs.
Is it for you?
The course is designed for Technical Managers, Quality Managers, NPD Managers, Label Designers, Marketing Personnel and copywriters and anyone with ultimate responsibility for producing and/or signing off artwork.
Previous knowledge needed?
Ideally Basic Food Labelling or experience in food labelling.
- Is it legal? Be an Enforcement officer and decide if labels are legal or at risk of trading standards challenges
- The requirements of the Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU1169/2011)
- Additives – Use the additives database to decide what additives can be used in products
- Nutrition & health claims – Use the health claims database to see what you can say
- Additional labelling requirements – Understand the role and function of guidance
- Use of marketing terms
- Vegetarian and Vegan
Included in price:
- Delegate pack
- Certificate of attendance
- Networking opportunities
- Refreshments on arrival and throughout the day
- Lunch (Please advise of any dietary requirements)