A Taste of Microbiology
Course duration: One day
What will you gain
This one-day course describes to non-microbiologists the various kinds and types of microorganisms associated with foods, their effect on food products and/or consumers and the ways in which we can control or eliminate their activity.
After this course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of Microbiology and the groups of micro-organisms.
- Be aware of the factors affecting microorganisms in foods and their significance.
- Understand the causes and effects of spoilage in food and the agents responsible for food poisoning and their symptoms.
- Gain an overview of how to control microbial growth in foods and your factory
- How we test and how to interpret Microbiology results.
Is it for you?
The course is designed for Technical Managers, Quality Managers, NPD, Laboratory and Managers needing to support Microbiology in their role
Previous knowledge needed?
- What is microbiology?
- What are micro-organisms and the actors affecting the growth of micro-organisms
- Factors affecting the microbial contamination of foods
- Interpretation of Microbiology Results
- Food poisoning
- Focus on foodstuffs and your factory
- How do we test?
- Food Microbiology Regulations
Included in price:
- Course delivery
- Delegate pack
- Certificate of attendance
- Laboratory tour