NIPT- Non Invasive Prenatal Testing
Non-invasive prenatal testing offers early screening for chromosomal and genetic conditions. Eurofins Biomnis offers most comprehensive Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) from commonly occurring trisomy (such as Down syndrome) to a single gene level screening for inherited recessive or de novo dominant disorders because every pregnancy is different.
While PrenatalSafe screens for common trisomies and monosomies as well as microdeletions of certain chromosomes, PrenatalSafe Karyo screens for abnormalities in every chromosome of the fetal genome. GeneSafe allows a complete picture of the risk of a pregnancy being affected by life-altering genetic disorders, such as Cystic Fibrosis, β thalassemia, sickle cell anaemia among other 49 genetic disorders which are not screened with current NIPT technology.
All our tests are safe, reliable and clinically validated. The results are available from three working days with unappalled accuracy using a proven technology of Next Generation Sequencing. The test has the lowest failure rate (0.1%) of any non-invasive prenatal test in the market. This means that it virtually guarantees a result every time.
The NIPT test uses just one tube of maternal blood, eliminating any risk of miscarriage, or other adverse outcomes that are associated with invasive testing procedures such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling (CVS).
WHO CAN HAVE THIS TEST:
• Maternal age-related risks (≥35 years)
• Positive results on maternal serum screening
• Abnormal ultrasound finding(s)
• Prior pregnancy with aneuploidy
• Parental translocation
• Patients wanting early, accurate testing and are at average risk of aneuploidy
• Advanced paternal age (men who are >40 years old)
• Abnormal ultrasound finding(s) suggestive of monogenic disorder
• Patients wishing to avoid an invasive diagnostic procedure
• Patients at risk for genetic conditions screened
The test is suitable for:
• both singleton and twin pregnancies (including vanishing twin)
• pregnancies achieved by IVF techniques, including gamets donation
HOW IT WORKS:
WE MAKE THE PROCESS SEAMLESS FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AND PATIENTS.
- Patient decides to take the test.
- Patient or physician orders the test kit
- The TEST kit is shipped to the address provided by patient or physician.
- Patient proceeds to blood draw, the request form and informed consent form are completed by patient and physician.
- Blood sample and test request form are sent back to lab on the same day as blood draw.
- Lab processes and analyses the sample.
- Test results are sent to the requesting physician from 3 working days.
- Sample type:1 x 10 ml tube of whole blood
- Temperature: Room temperature
- Method: NGS
- TAT: from 3 working days
BEFORE ORDERING AND PAYING FOR THE TEST AND KIT, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR PHYSICIAN IS ABLE TO SUPPORT YOU IN THE NIPT PROCESS.
TO ORDER YOUR TEST KIT, PLEASE CLICK HERE
To find out more please call or email
Toll free number: 0808 1691 022 Email: NIPT@Eurofins.co.uk.